Sunday, 7 June 2015

Extra Large

I bought a t-shirt. The only one they had was a large size. I thought this would be too big for me as I like to buy medium or sometimes even small (clothes that are too small for you make you look bigger from a distance). Rose insisted that large in France is actually medium and that if anything it might be too small for me. She said I should try it on. I steadfastly refused. The man in the shop was also concerned and tried to convince me that I needed to try the t-shirt on before buying it, often talking directly to my stomach, but once again I steadfastly refused, demonstrating true British grit. When I got home and tried it on and it was much too small. Either the French are shrinking or I am getting bigger. Either way it's certain I will soon dominate the french landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment