Friday, 28 August 2015

New car

We are going to buy a new car. This is for three reasons:

1. It is safer to have a left hand drive car in France.
2. We might need something with a bit more room to transport Rose's ceramic pieces.
3. I crashed our current car into a ditch and wrote it off.

Something I learned from this is that once you get past superficial cultural differences human nature shines through no matter where you are in the world. By this I mean that the French mechanic who towed the car home was equally as surly as any English mechanic. He wasn't the least bit impressed that I'd managed to launch our car from a ditch into a roadside thicket.

I am taking the crash as a sign that I am integrating well as I am clearly becoming as dangerous on the roads as the French. Now we have to buy a new car. Rose is pulling for something sensible whereas I would like something that has tank tracks instead of wheels.

I've been searching the second hand car dealers of the local area. Today I found one selling a Porsche 944 made in 1980 for 1000 euros. This is remarkable because if you search online you won't find a 944 for under 3000 euros and also because if you check online you'll find that Porsche didn't start making this car till 1982.

Can anyone reccomend a sat nav with an 'Avoid ditches' option?




4 comments:

  1. These are all very good valid reasons to buy a new car in France. it reminds me of our experience moving to Germany where we suddenly had to also go from our old trusted SUV to a more economical german car. I hope you find all that you are looking for and that things go smoothly. Thank you very much.

    Domingo @ Viva Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we bought our new car I was on the fence about getting the hatchback because I only felt I needed that room a few times a month. Glad we decided to go that way because as the kids grew, so did the space we needed to haul all their stuff the the parks, to the grandparents, and even to school.

    Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru

    ReplyDelete
  3. it reminds me of our experience moving to Germany where we suddenly ..



    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete